Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Tip of the Week:Alternative use for shaving cream

Hey chicas!

I'm always searching, finding, and trying different beauty tricks and tips, so I've decided to have a "tip of the day", or maybe a "tip of the week". Hmmm. Yeah, it'll probably be a "tip of the week", and hopefully I will have a tip for ya every week (fingers crossed!)

So, if you guys are like me, I ALWAYS use all of my shampoo up before I've used all of my conditioner. And, I don't always use the same shampoo and conditioner, so I buy more, the cycle continues, and I'm left with tons of conditioners just sitting there waiting to be used. Well, there is now a use for your leftover conditioner...alternative use for shaving cream! That's right! You can use your conditioner as shaving cream.
I don't remember what I was doing or searching for to stumble across this tip, but I'm glad I did. And I now know that they had this cost saving tip at Cosmopolitan, along with other beauty tips that you can check out here. The first time I tried it, the conditioner I used irritated my legs, but I've done it since then using other conditioners, and my legs were fine. So, that might be something to keep in mind if you have sensitive skin. And, I've also never tried it on my underarms. I usually just use soap, since underarms are even more of a sensitive spot, but if you want to test it and try it, let me know how you like it!

Pros of using conditioner as an alternative:
-it works just as well as shaving cream
-smells good
-cost saving
-makes your legs extremely soft and smooth
-lathers and moisturizes just like shaving cream
-it's good to use up that conditioner that is leftover, or that you didn't like for you hair

Cons
-could irritate your legs
-you could cut yourself easier since it makes your legs really slick
-I read that some say it dulls your blade faster, but I don't see any difference. So, a few things to consider...

All in all, I love this tip. I use conditioner all of the time now, since I have so much to use up.

What do you think of this tip? Have you used conditioner to shave?

6 comments:

  1. Great tip! Might try this out next time i do my legs! :)
    Im the same with the shampoo - conditioner cycle! Lol!
    gigglesandmakeup.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! Glad to know I'm not the only one with the same shampoo-conditioner cycle lol

      Delete
  2. I'm the opposite; I use up all my conditioners before shampoos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! Really!? I've never heard that before! lol

      Delete
  3. This is such a great tip! I've tried it before, and tbh, I thought it was much better than using shaving gel/foam - it didn't dry my legs out as much & they were much smoother x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, much better than shaving gel! And I love that it makes my legs so smooth and soft!

      Delete